SES – Strive, Excel, Succeed
We envision Summertown Elementary School as being a school whose students, faculty, and staff demonstrate superior levels of achievement in all aspects of learning. We see Summertown Elementary School as a school that is committed to producing students who desire to be lifelong learners. We will continue to use our community as a valuable tool to enhance the education of our students. We will continue to uphold the highest standards for our faculty and staff, striving to employ the most highly qualified personnel available. We will also continue to base the core academic instruction on the state curriculum standards. Instructional strategies will be varied and will include technology implemented to ensure that all students are motivated to learn. We will provide students with ample opportunities to master the content. We will consistently meet the expectations of our local, state, and federal accountability models.
- Student learning is the highest priority.
- Students are unique in their needs, thought processes, and learning styles; therefore, their instruction and assessment must be diverse.
- Creative decision-making will help our students excel in the changing society.
- The community, parents, teachers, and students must work collaboratively to ensure successful experiences at school.
- Schools should be inviting, nurturing, and safe places for students to grow socially and academically.
- Student attendance and academic growth have a positive correlation to each other.
- A quality education balances both intelligence and character.
- High expectations promote high achievement.
Summertown Elementary School
319 Corbin Street
Summertown, TN 38483